Applied Data Scientist
Daltix is enabling big names in retail to make better decisions based on data rather than gut-feeling. We are specialized in understanding our client's needs, measuring the influence of (regional) competition, prices, promotions, products and assortments in an ever-changing dynamic market. Daltix is looking for hands-on consultants who want to actively contribute to our ambitious growth plans and bring scalable value to our clients' needs (based on big data insights and reporting).
This position is ideal for people who are innovative, hands-on and would like to experience the business of an ambitious scale-up from close-by.
About the role
Daltix is looking for an Applied Data Scientist who wants to spearhead innovation in the majestic world of retail. It’s a chance to apply your expertise to distil complex problems (such as price elasticity, product switching, etc) into compelling insights from billions upon billions of rows of data. Moreover, reporting on big data sets to provide our clients with real-time market insights will also be done by you. Your insights will be reflected in the day-to-day operations and bottom lines of retailers and their suppliers.
Our teams are looking forward to welcoming a pragmatic and ambitious data science profile to our Professional Services team. You will work together closely with your colleagues (both technical and business profiles) and -of course- our clients in order to tackle challenging innovations, such as price elasticity, product categorization, promotion ROI, etc.
You will not need to worry with spending too much time on project setups and implementations: Daltix has an existing, flexible retail data platform in place with the necessary tools and standardized data sets. You can immediately benefit from Daltix's platform and existing infrastructure to quickly set up client environments and create value for their specific business cases.
What we expect from you
Understand clients needs and propose pragmatic, yet stable projects.
- Have the ability to translate client feedback into technical requirements
Communicate insights, known issues, etc. to clients
- Showcase a solid understanding and track record in data science (basic data visualization is a plus)
- Every project and approach you undertake has a clear business value in mind
- Lead by example by delivering qualitative solutions while ensuring deadlines are met.
What do we offer
- We are a young, entrepreneurial and fast-growing company; you will have the unique big opportunity to shape our future by having an impact on how we will grow further.
- You will be surrounded by a talented, diverse and international team of top-notch experts
- Flexible work arrangements with a lot of autonomy in what you do and where you do it - we trust you to know your schedule and work when you feel most productive
- You will be able to participate in relevant training to stay at the top of your field. Be part of an interesting and dynamic start-up and enjoy the scaling process.
- An open company culture where transparency, respect and fun are as crucial as qualitative work
Excellent work-life balance with occasional drinks and team events (even during COVID times we do an effort)
Competitive wage and health insurance coverage
- Degree in a relevant subject (e.g. business engineering, civil engineering or similar degrees)
1+ years’ experience in applied research projects and/or business analytics
- The ability to understand business processes and map to mathematical form
- Good communication skills and ability for stakeholder management
Analytical skills in a commercial setting (i.e. SQL, Python, Pandas, Jupyter Notebook, etc.)
- Experience in writing ETLs and cloud computing (Airflow and AWS is a plus)
Prototyping solutions for business applications
- Statistical modelling
- Quality assurance and testing.