About the company
At Daltix we are enabling some of the biggest names in retail to make smarter business decisions.
Our industry leading data analytics and insights platform provides near real-time price, promotion, product and assortment data for the highly dynamic food retail and DIY markets.
With customers that range from big household names everyone has heard of to boutique finance firms, government agencies and everything in-between; Daltix’s market leading data is used daily to drive supply side decisions that affect millions of retail customers across Europe.
To help support the continued success of our platform, we are looking for an experienced DevSecOps Engineer to join our growing engineering team in Lisbon, Portugal.
About the role
We know that many different names are given to this role in other companies and your experience will likely span a variety of areas. In previous roles you may have had titles like sysadmin, system engineer, infrastructure engineer, devops engineer or SRE.
At Daltix, your role will be the primary caretaker of our cloud infrastructure; with direct responsibility for making it more efficient, secure, standardised, reproducible and auditable.
What will you do
- Apply a ruthless focus to securely automating all our infrastructure and processes, applying IaC or an IaC like philosophy to each and every aspect of it.
- Help to triage and address infrastructure issues that come up in production.
- Work closely with engineering teams to ensure we are considering security when architecting and building new systems.
- Identify opportunities and propose changes to simplify our infrastructure and make it more homogeneous.
- Collaborate with engineering leads to design and implement solutions necessary to address security audits and compliance efforts.
- Collaborate with engineering as a whole to promote and develop a culture of DevOps excellence.
- Identify, research, and prototype new technologies to improve our DevOps processes and how we manage and secure our infrastructure.
What we are looking for
- Minimum 3 years professional experience managing, automating and securing cloud native infrastructure on AWS (it’s a plus if you’re certified).
- Production experience with CI/CD pipelines, secrets management (e.g. Vault), infrastructure orchestration (we use Terraform), container orchestration, service discovery, monitoring, metrics, and logging systems
- Solid understanding of networking, network security
- Advanced scripting and some moderate programming skills in a higher level language like Python.
- Experience with production troubleshooting (at the code, storage and network level).
- Strong organizational skills: you have an eye for detail and are not afraid to use it!
- Strong communication skills: you are able to clearly articulate, in verbal and written communication, your recommendations and decisions.
- Effective project management skills: you have successfully launched projects from inception to production.
- Comfortable providing feedback to an array of stakeholders.
Ideally you also have experience with or a working understanding of:
- IdP federated auth (we use Okta) and related OAuth, SAML, SCIM integrations
- Data security concepts and practices (e.g row-level security, data masking, encryption at rest)
- IDS and disaster recovery
What we offer
- We are a young, entrepreneurial and fast-growing company; you will have the opportunity to directly help shape our future and have a positive impact on our clients’ business
- Be part of an interesting and dynamic start-up and enjoy the scaling process.
- A competitive wage in a talented, international team of experts.
- Flexible work arrangements with a lot of autonomy in what you do and where you do it - our work philosophy centers on empowerment and we trust you to know your schedule and work when you feel most productive
- You will be able to participate in relevant training to stay at the top of your field.
- An open company culture where we play as hard as we work.
- Health Insurance coverage.
- Occasional drinks and (COVID-19 proof) team events.
- You’ll get the chance to meet and work with industry professionals and help lift the company to the next level.